September 11th 2012 my family saw one of the Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey Circus trains (There are 2 of them.) It was. . . . it was exciting! Next is a funny picture because I accidentally took it when the truck was going by! Above the truck's hood is the train, but right under the hood is a small, white generator on wheels.
Behind it is equipment for the circus.
Behind it is equipment for the circus.
Here is another picture of the little white generator on wheels.
There is another train behind the circus train that we saw.
I think this is one of the cars where the circus performers sleep.
There are quite a few of these cars.
The black vehicle on the back of this car is a tractor for pulling things like the boxes.
The gate-like things on the back of train car are probably there so it won't fall off as easily. The red hitch between the white box and the tractor is there
so a borrowed tow truck can pull the white box.
The bus that is on the end of the train is an International, but I do not no what it is for. It might be for taking the circus performers from place to place, but I think they walk.
The black object in the center of the picture, I think,
looks kind of like a lawn mower, except I don't know if it is.
This is another one of the cars where the circus performers sleep, and the picture is
a close-up of the truck, which is the part that holds the wheels in place on train car.
This is one of the engines that was pulling the circus train.
They borrow the engines to pull it because they don't have their own.
There were two engines and they were Norfolk Southern.
They borrow the engines to pull it because they don't have their own.
There were two engines and they were Norfolk Southern.
There is a DVD at our library called Extreme Trains (Volume I). One of the episodes was about this circus train. (Just reminding you, there are two circus trains that Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey use.) The one on the DVD, we think,
is the same one that we saw. It makes it feel more realistic to me having seen it.
is the same one that we saw. It makes it feel more realistic to me having seen it.
No comments:
Post a Comment